On Friday 03 June the Congress of the World Organization of Workers-WOW elections took place for the new WOW Board.
Wayne Prins was unanimously reelected to a second four-year term as president of WOW. Apart from that there were also the elections for the WOW Board.
The new WOW Board for the period 2022-2026 consists of the following persons:
- President WOW: Mr. Wayne Prins (Canada)
- Treasurer: Mr. Rolf Weber (Denmark)
- Vice-President: Mr. Mikael Arendt Laursen (Denmark)
- Vice-President Europe (WOW-Europe): Mr. Wolfgang Pischinger (Austria)
- Vice-President Latin-America (FELATRABS): Mr. Arturo Fabián Quiñoa (Argentina)
- Vice-President Latin-America (FELATRACCS): Mr. Roberto Marcos Mejía Alarcón (Peru)
- Vice-President Latin-America (FETRALCOS): Mr. Fermín Víctor Carricarte (Argentina)
- Vice-President Africa (FPE): Mr. Koffi Chrysanthe Zounnadjala Agbogbe (Togo)
- Vice-President Asia (WOW-Asia): Ms. Necie M. Lucero (Philippines)
Not for election:
- Executive Secretary: Mr. Bjørn Anders van Heusden (Netherlands)
New in the World Board are Arturo Fabián Quiñoa (Argentina) and Fermín Víctor Carricarte (Argentina). They take over the positions of respectively Miguel Angel Duche (Argentina) and Juana Maria Chireno Garcia (Dominican Republic). The WOW thanks both for all they have done for the trade union movement in general and the WOW in particular.