The structure of the World Organisation of Workers is based on democratic values and rules in which all members have a voice and a vote.
The highest governing body of the WOW is the World Congress which is held every four years. The World Congress evaluates the activities and finances of the preceding four years, elects the President, the Treasurer and the members for the new World Board, and establishes a new policy and a plan of activities for the next four year period.
In between two World Congresses the World Board is the highest decision-taking body that meets once every year. The daily activities as well as the coordination of the WOW-secretariat are guided by the board.
The World Organisation of Workers is active throughout the world. The WOW has autonomous regional federations that operate under responsibility of their own congresses and elected regional bodies.
The regional member-organisations are:
- Christian Labour Association of Canada (CLAC)
- Federación Latinoamericana de Trabajadores Bancarios de Seguros y Afines (FELATRABS)
- Federación Latinoamericana de Trabajadores de la Cultura y Comunicación Social (FELATRACCS)
- Federación de Trabajadores Latinoamericanos del Comercio, Oficinas y Empresas Privadas de Servicios (FETRALCOS)
- Fédération panafricaine des employés (FPE)
For an organigram of the WOW organizational structure click here